Benefits of Cosmetic Acupuncture
10 Jul 2015
Cosmetic acupuncture, also known as acupuncture facelift and acupuncture facial rejuvenation, is a popular Traditional Chinese Medicine therapy used for slowing down the appearance of ageing signs, tuning up the skin and reviving youthful look to the face. It is an excellent choice for those people who are looking for something to combat the ageing signs of their skin without using Botox injections, fillers or plastic surgery.
Using cosmetic acupuncture can be highly beneficial than choosing the route of surgical or chemical options. Given below are some of the benefits that can be reaped from this therapy:
- Circulation of blood under the skin tends to become sluggish with age which in turn reduces elasticity. Cosmetic acupuncture can help to enhance and maintain proper blood circulation, and also produce such nutrients under the skin as elastin and collagen. Increased blood circulation improves the skin tone, reduces fine lines, eliminates dark circles, and lifts baggy eyes and sagging jowls.
- If administered by a professionally trained acupuncturist, cosmetic acupuncture will have no side-effects. There is also no need to worry or be concerned about lumps, botched procedures or scarring, unlike surgical and chemical means.
- Since acupuncture is a holistic form of treatment, the acupuncturist also takes the existing health issues into consideration. Acupuncturists like Robert Bradford actually believe that it is not possible to have a beautiful skin if the health is in poor condition. In fact, most of the people in Northern Beaches who have attended cosmetic acupuncture sessions reported that they have experienced health improvements like decreased stress, improved digestion, reduced menstrual discomfort, relief from menopausal discomfort, increased mental clarity, body pains alleviated, better sleep and enhanced energy levels.
- Cosmetic acupuncture can also be used for treating a wide range of skin problems such as acne, rosacea, dehydrated skin and eczema.
- Although some people may think that the procedure hurts, a typical session is far from being painful. During the treatment, the brain is stimulated to release endorphins, the natural feel-good hormones. Patients often feel less stressed, relaxed and mellowed even days after administration of the treatment.
- Cosmetic acupuncture is quite inexpensive when compared to plastic surgery and chemical injections, which generally cost hundreds or even thousands of bucks.
- The effects are generally long term and can even last for years with sessions every 6 to 8 weeks.
- Last but not the least, cosmetic acupuncture has no downtime associated with it.
In short, it can be said that cosmetic surgery encompasses all the elements required for rejuvenating and enhancing beauty of the skin. It is absolutely safe, congenial and relaxing, and leaves lasting and noticeable results.