Best Acupoints For Shedding Extra Weight
20 Jun 2017
In the modern times, obesity seems to have become a common problem for people belonging to different age groups. Many individuals feel stressed and depressed because of their excessive body weight. They try various things like dieting, intense workout sessions, fat reducing medicines, etc. out of frustration. While some of these solutions are decent, others can do more harm than good. If you are an overweight person and would like to lose excess fat through natural means, then you ought to know about the efficacy of acupuncture.
Acupuncture is one of the several modalities of Traditional Chinese Medicine and has been proven in treating various physical as well as mental health problems. When it comes to obesity, acupuncture bears excellent result by assisting in controlling body weight. It also gives a boost to the digestive system, which in turn cuts down on an abnormally excessive appetite.
In order to treat obesity using acupuncture, there are some specific acupoints which serve as the basis of the holistic therapeutic process. They have been described below in detail:
- Ear Point - Located at the connection point of your ear and jaw, this one helps in bringing the appetite under control. It is most effective at the place where the movement of the jaw is the greatest.
- Abdomen Point - This one’s situated just 3 centimetres beneath the navel or belly button. Stimulating it increases bodily strength and improves the digestive system.
- Knee Point - The knee point is found exactly 2 inches underneath the kneecap, right on the exterior portion of your leg. It nourishes the blood, ensures better digestion and improves functioning of the stomach.
- Abdominal Sorrow - The location of this one is a bit tricky, as it lies under the last floating ribs, in the same line as the ear lobe. It aids in getting relief from rib pain, ulcers, appetite imbalances and indigestion.
- Ankle Point - It can be found 2 inches above the ankle, on the interior portion, off the bone. It ensures wellness of the spleen and strengthens the digestive system.
- Elbow Point - This one lies on the interior portion of your elbow crease, right at the end. It enables removal of unwanted moisture as well as excessive heat from the body. It also improves the intestinal functions.
Did you find this post helpful? If yes, then let us know what you think in the comment section below and don’t forget to stay tuned at our blog section for more intriguing writeups.