How Can Heartburns Be Reduced During Pregnancy?
- Wearing clothes with a tight fitting can increase pressure on the abdomen and stomach. It is recommended to wear loose and comfortable clothes during pregnancy.
- There are a few simple but compelling acupressure technique which can be attempted for alleviating pregnancy heartburns. According to the theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine, the points between the 2nd and 3rd toes of both feet are known as Stomach 44 and can help in lowering the Rebellious Stomach Qi, if pressed down for 3 to 5 minutes several times in a day.
- Acupuncture treatment is a popular treatment method to resolve problems associated with pregnancy. Acupuncture session during the gestation period can lessen the signs of acid refluxes by regulating the pressure in oesophagus, causing descent of the gastric acid and restoring the balance of digestive functions.
- Dinner should be taken 2 to 3 hours before going to bed. Sleeping with a full stomach can force gastric acid to enter the oesophagus. The upper portion of the body should be raised using two or three pillows. This will prevent gastric acid from flowing into the oesophageal region.
- Heavy meals should be avoided for ease of digestion. Having light meals will ensure that there is no excess pressure on the stomach. The food should be chewed properly and slowly, as eating hastily can also acid refluxes.
- It is important to maintain a straight posture when seated, for it lessens pressure on stomach and keeps the stomach acid from ascending.
- Ginger is a popular domestic remedy to prevent nausea, acid refluxes and indigestion, Freshly grated ginger can be added to tea or cooking.
I am a practitioner of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine. I provide services that cover IVF support treatments, pregnancy support treatments, pain relief, menopausal problems, women's health, digestion, sleep related problems, fertility and conception problems in Northern Beaches. I have been in this industry for years. So, when facing any of these issues get in touch with me.