How Will You Stay Fit After Turning Thirty?
12 Jan 2017
Once we hit the 30-year-old mark, it becomes a little bit difficult for us to take care of ourselves because by then, we are busy and hardworking adults. However, many of us don’t fail to understand the fact that 30s are among our prime years. It’s okay to be engrossed in career and meet the demands of family life, but that doesn’t mean you need to ignore your own well-being. Here are certain effective tips that would help you go through your 30s with good health and also keep you safe from diseases:
- Refrain from using or smoking tobacco products entirely. Saying no to smoking is one of the best ways to enhance your health and immune system.
- If possible, avoid alcohol consumption, or keep the intake limited to 2 drinks per day, if you are a man, and 1 in case you are a woman. Also, stay away from opiates, illegal substances and prohibited drugs. Use over-the-counter and prescription drugs only as per directions.
- Safeguard your skin from the harmful effects of sunlight by wearing sunscreen regularly. Doing so can help in preventing skin cancer and also reduce the rate of premature aging.
- Keep an eye on your BMI or body mass index, cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Take all necessary steps to make sure that they stay at a healthy level.
- Exercise regularly for at least 30 to 60 minutes per day. Some good options are brisk walking, jogging, dancing, swimming, biking, playing tennis and hiking. In order to stay safe from osteoporosis and boost metabolism, do strength training a few times every week.
- Very often, you might be sacrificing a peaceful night’s sleep in order to give more time to your hectic schedule. But it is important to sleep for at least 6-8 hours every night. There are a variety of diseases linked to sleep deprivation and if you do not want to contract them, then stop sacrificing your sleep.
- If you find yourself suffering from mental health problems like depression, stress, anxiety and the like, then opt for acupuncture therapy before looking into pharmaceutical drugs. Not only is the therapy completely natural and free from side effects, but also holistic and all-encompassing.
If you liked this post, then forget to share with your circle and followers. For more interesting posts like this, keep watching our blog space and spread the word.